Sunday, May 22, 2011

Today's The Day: Time To Leave And For Transparent And Honest Prayer Requests

Today I get on a plane and leave for Joplin. This is so exciting/nerve racking/sad. I can't wait to start the internship tomorrow, but I feel like I'm not actually prepared to leave and I can definitely wait to leave all my friends for the summer.

I have to be honest, I can already feel homesickness being a problem this summer. Not to say that missing friends and family is bad, but I can tell it may be a distraction from serving where God has me. Please pray that his Spirit will give me the strength to press on, even when home, friends, family are on my mind.

Yesterday, I had to say goodbye to a lot of friends and my sister. It was super tough. I'm a manly man, so I obviously didn't cry, but it was really warm and my eyes sweated. But in all seriousness, I wept. Especially at the thought of leaving my best friends Ashlyn, ChrisKolb, and Abbey and when my friend Zack left, as he's leaving for the Army before I get back. And everytime I think of the students at Driven4Him I get super sad that I won't see them. Again, I must point out specifically Harry, who is going into the Navy before I come back. This man is so on fire for God. It's humbling sometimes. I'm praying for you, brother, and I love you.

So you're making it through a really sappy post. Thank you. We're almost done, I promise. I'd like to leave with some requests for prayer. First, and foremost, pray for the students preparing to go to a Move event this summer. Ask that God will start them down a path towards him and working for his kingdom. Also, pray for my friends and family. This are great people, many of whom fear God and I ask that they can grow in that relationship everyday. Last, pray for my strength. Today my parents and girlfriend, Joelle, are taking me to the airport and I'll have to say goodbye. This will be hard and I pray I can do so and know I am following God's call.

Thanks for reading all this. Love you, brothers and sisters.

P.S. many of you asked for an address you can write me at. Please do, as it will mean more than you know. You can send these letters to

CIY
Garrett DeMeyer
2201 North Main St.
Joplin, MO 64802

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you continuously brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Garrett! You are doing great things, and take it from the most 'homesickedness" (yes that is a word...) person in the world, God will help you to overcome! Love you!

    ReplyDelete