Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finally! Garrett Has Made It To Joplin!

So I'm not as cool as The Rock, but I think people are happy to have me here. That's right, after having flights canceled, sleeping in a hotel one night and the airport another, I have made it. God has remained faithful and got me here. In fact, he even threw me a bone and let me meet one of my heroes, Dan Smith of listener (iamlistener.com). I was waiting for Wesley to pick me up from the Springfield airport and he was walking in. Pretty stellar stuff. I was stoked.

And today was my first full day here. With all the confusion and chaos of the tornado that hit, all the staff have been behind. So we did orientation today, which was pretty simple stuff. Then the customer service managers (my position) got to meet with a couple of ladies from 24/7 prayer about our vision for a prayer room at each event. I don't want to explain too much, in case one of the students from Fox River reads this I wouldn't want to ruin it for them, but it will be awesome and I'm more than happy to be part of it! Then we helped the Station managers fold shirts.

Long story short, I'm having a great time now that I'm actually here! I don't plan on posting again until the weekend, so watch for that. Love you all and I'm praying for you.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! So happy that you made it there safely! Praying for you. Sounds like you are already doing awesome stuff. ^_^

    ReplyDelete