Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Let's Kick It, Kids

Let me start by saying I am super excited for this summer. Let me continue by saying "hey. What's up? Thanks for reading this blog post, btw. You're killer."

So you may be thinking "Garrett, you're so web2.0 with this blogger account. But why are you doing it?"
Good question. To which I say "Friend, I want you to be able to keep track of me this summer while I'm out and about with Move (ciy.com/move) and know everything God is doing in and through me. It'll be a stellar ride, and I wish you could be here with me, but this trendy little blog will have to do." You'll end up noticing that I will post things I learn, things I do, things I see others do, things about God.

To start, I'd like to explain the title of this blog. I was going to do something catchy and witty like "Garrett on the Move." (Get it, because the name of the events I'll be helping with is "Move??") But I just read this passage from a little book named Luke about Jesus' triumphant entry, as the ESV titles put it, in verses 28-40. Jesus responded to some Pharisees' criticism of his followers praising God by saying "I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out."
That freaked me out a little. That's how awesome God is and how worthy of praise he is. Intimate objects will sing his praise if we don't. But I don't want to let that happen! I want to praise God and not need those stones to speak at all. That's my plan for the summer, folks. I want to give God the glory he deserves with how I live, speak, everything I do, all of it and me.


So let's kick it, kids. Don't let the stones speak.

6 comments:

  1. I like the song, Ain't gunna Let no Rock Out-praise me. Says basically this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! Garrett, I'm so excited for you. God is going to use you in such amazing ways this Summer and I cannot wait to hear all about it! It is gonna be such an fantastic experience.
    Just so you know, you will have this girl who will miss you terribly, but who is gonna be praying for you daily. ;)
    (that's me by the way..just in case you were confused. Cause I know there will be other girls who will miss you a lot...like your Mom. And Abbey. But yeah. You know what I mean. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh really? Didn't realize you were gonna miss me. That's weird :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to do great big things for God this summer Garrett. I am so proud of you, and will be praying for you ever day. I don't know how I am supposed to plan my wedding without you, but I guess I will just figure it out! I love you BFFE! God has BIG stuff planned for you this summer, keep your eyes open! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bro words can't even express how happy I am for you, I know god will use you in ways you maybe never thought were possible but I know he will. Also even though i am super happy and excited for you dude however, I'm not going to hide the fact that i will miss you like crazy even though i know you will only be gone for the summer. I know this will be a total change than what we are used to but let's let god take care of this one okay. I love you bro and i know you will have an amazing time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, bffe and my broseph. I am gonna miss you guys beyond words. But I can definitely see God's plan in all of this. I am so certain this is where he wants me and that it'll be so worth it. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete