Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So Many Updates, So Little Time

Sorry for updating so often, but there is so much to tell you about! First off, was our Memorial Day party at the CIY office. Well, our day actually started with team meetings to discuss goals in our own lives for the summer regarding leadership, serving, fellowship, spiritual growth, and professional growth. My team (Jenn, Michelle, Hannah, and led by JB) met at Joe Muggs in Books-A-Million and discussed ours and had some great bonding time.

Our afternoon proceeded meeting at CCO (Christ's Church of Oronogo) and sorting stuff to go out on our first truck. We thought it would be easy and quick, but the staff kept adding more and more to our list. The event staff have decided they did this to tire us out for the wiffle ball game. Some didn't even make it back to the dorm until a few minutes before the party.

But we made it alive somehow and ate some delicious brats, hamburgers, cupcake truffles, and other food. Soon we were onto the wiffle ball game. The first inning left us losing with a score 6-1, but we held it there the rest of the game. I think that's pretty good considering the staff wore us event staff down and cheated.





Tuesday, we worked hard again, getting a lot ready for the events that are coming up quick. What I'm super excited about is the work we did today. Aside from the trophies Addison and I made (with help finishing up from JB and Caiti), we got a look at my job at the events as customer service manager and the events coming up. I am so pumped. My job will be working with people. Like, hello?! That is Garrett Daniel DeMeyer. And it's just great to be finally looking at these events and getting some training.


In the afternoon, we went to CCO to look at some of the elements we'll be using for the sessions at Move. My. Goodness. The games and artistic design are sweet. And we got to see a bit of the closing for each main session and boy are they powerful. I must admit, and CIY friends are not allowed to make fun of me, I teared up a bit. I am soooooo excited for God's working and I know his Spirit will move this summer. If you are a student reading this and can't decide to come to Move, please do. You won't regret God's calling presented there.

Cpt. Red (aka our backstage managers)

Please, continue to pray for the students coming to the Move events. I am so excited for them. You have no idea.... I am tearing up again thinking about all God can do in them, through them. Ask our Father to let his Spirit fill us and these students that we can give them the best experience and they can see past us, our flaws, to God.

I love you all, and thank you for praying.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome awesome!!!
    And you're crazy for apologizing for updating so much! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garrett! Do not every say sorry for updates! I know I love them. You are doing some great work for God. I can only imagine your excitement! Love you!

    P.S. LOVE the shirt in the trophy pic. Miss you oodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, your passion is obvious and contagious :)

    ReplyDelete