Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Preparation Will Pay Off Soon

My team leaves tomorrow. Raise your hand if you're pumped. I know I am. We have spent three weeks in the office, doing a few odd jobs, preparing housing, and making sure we're ready. Let me tell you about yesterday, today, and look ahead with you.

Yesterday, we viewed the film Love Costs Every Thing made by CIY in association with The Voice Of The Martyr. It was fairly intense, seeing brothers and sisters persecuted and even killed for confessing faith in the God I love. The film was full of great stories that broke my heart and inspired me. You can watch it at any MOVE event this summer, or it will be available in the fall.


Following the showing, we took place in a 24 prayer like the one students will experience at the events. Each of us had a half hour shift in our prayer room (set up in the conference center). Like I said in a previous post, I'd love to share more with you because it was an awesome experience, even when tired (my shift was 1:30am), but I don't want to spoil it for students attending. Let me just say that God will be present, moving, and working through and despite the stations and experiences we have set up.

Today, the Colorado team left early in the morning. The rest of us did a lot of work to make sure our teams were ready to leave (two teams tomorrow morning, one next week). Now we are packing, hanging out, and getting stoked to start events and see God's plan fall into action.

I want to look into the near future with you now to share some requests for prayer. To be honest, I know nothing about these students, I may not get much time to interact with them, and even if I do it may amount to nothing. But I love them and my heart breaks for them. Frankly, I'm not sure who will understand this if they are without the Holy Spirit. Logically, I should hate high schoolers. They are loud, don't always smell nice, and can be arrogant. But they are the future of the Church, and they continue to amaze me and show me God's glory. So, if you will, ask God to work in the high schoolers at the events, their friends, and the strangers they meet. Ask that God will start their hearts towards him and his work, that their friends will be affected by this change and even the strangers on the street will react to how they shine.

As well, please ask the Father to continually remind us MOVE staff what we are doing.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10
It is insane to think God uses us, but he does! In fact, he prepared these works for us ahead of time. I can't explain how that makes me feel. It is so crazy and amazing. I pray that we can live out these works as God wants, and give him the glory.

Please tell me, how can I pray for you?

1 comment:

  1. Garrett,

    I really love reading your blog because I feel like I get to see your heart. I too am praying the prayers you talked about and am really excited that you are on my team! I can't wait to see how God moves this week. I hope I get to know you better and am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete